Saturday, March 8, 2014

My trip to the ER

Recently went to the emergency room. It wasn't my idea. Honestly, I could be dying, I'd rather not go to a hospital. All those people, all those germs... No thanks! My anxiety says no.

But my back was killing me. It felt like I was being stabbed in my kidneys. I worried about my kidneys as coffee made the pain worse and I am no longer able to tolerate alcohol. A friend told me these things were symptoms of her kidney disease.

Anyway, I was home alone and crying from the pain. I just wanted someone to sit with me.

As fate would have it, my fiance got off work early due to a machine breaking at work. He had no idea I was ill. But when he got home and saw me in tears, he said we're going to the ER. I of course tried to argue against it and said I was fine. Yeah, I wasn't fine and he's no idiot.

We made an appointment online, which saved us from having to sit in the waiting room for hours. I'm so glad we did because my anxiety would've never allowed such a thing. We were in and out in about an hour thanks to this online check in. And even that was very hard on me. I am glad I had my fiance there to hold my hand and distract me from all the sick people crowding in on us.

My urine sample was inconclusive. Probably because I was drinking a lot of water in hopes of it helping the kidney pain. In the end, the dr said it's probably a muscle or spine issue and gave me a bunch of pain killers and sent me on my way. He said to follow up with my physician later, get another urine sample and also have my back checked out if the pain persists. I didn't tell him that I don't have a physician or health insurance. I don't even want to think about the hospital bill if my Medi-Cal doesn't kick in soon and cover it.

Just more things to worry about...

No comments:

Post a Comment