Wednesday, February 5, 2014

No money, no help

We have found ourselves in a bit of a bind. Some unexpected financial problems. And since I'm still trying to cut through the crazy road map to free healthcare, I can't afford to see my psychiatrist for a while. $150 a month just so she can give me more pills. Pills that I don't even like, but they do help.

Thankfully, my therapist gave me a HUGE discount to see her, so I'll continue those sessions. But I'm not sure if my psychiatrist will refill my pills if I can't afford to see her. It seems silly to pay that much money to talk to her for 5 minutes and then get prescriptions that cost as much as it did to see her.

My fiance is beyond worried about money right now. And I feel so much guilt. I wish I could help. I wish I could say "ok, I'll go back to work and we'll be fine." But I can't say that. We both know that I'd never be able to get a job like this. Let alone keep one. I feel like I should be able to help more. I wish I was better.

No comments:

Post a Comment