Thursday, January 16, 2014

Worthless in a crisis

I feel like a terrible daughter. A worthless one.

My mother had a bit of a mishap with her dog. The dog is old and cranky and easily spooked. Somehow she freaked out and bit my mom on the lip. It was pretty bad. The hole went all the way through her upper lip.

I guess my mom sent me a text about it. But I was asleep. At 4pm. Yep. I'm adjusting to my new medications and the past couple days, I've been sleeping a lot.

I wake up, take my meds, do some stuff around the house, feed the pets, feed myself, and then pass out on the couch. Yesterday, I had only been up for 4 hours, then fell asleep for 3.

Anyway, with my fears, phobias and anxiety. I'm pretty sure I would've never been able to have taken my mom to the emergency room anyway.

Thankfully my sister stepped in and took care of it.

I finally woke up when my mom called me just before she left with my sister to the ER. I felt so useless. I wanted to have rushed to the ER to meet up with them. But was too groggy.

So all I could do was sit home and worry and text my sister every 10 minutes to find out what was happening.

My mom is also diabetic. And she was stuck in the waiting room during her dinnertime. Meaning, she was at risk to pass out due to low blood sugar. And she doesn't heal well.

God, I wish I had been more helpful. I feel pathetic. I know my mom doesn't hold it against me. But I still feel bad. Thankfully, it wasn't that bad of an emergency and she's all stitched up and ok now. Had it been something more severe, I don't know what I would've done.

No comments:

Post a Comment