Tuesday, July 15, 2014

I wanted to make this a safe place for people to come together and share their stories of mental health problems and overall life problems. But then the hate mail started

Worse than that, I started getting emails from people who wanted to share their stories on my blog, until they read how judgmental people can be. They asked me to take down their own stories and not post their personal struggles because they fear they will be hated on too.

This is a very sad thing for me as that's not what I wanted. I wanted to connect with others. I wanted a safe place where we could tell each other "you're not alone." But I don't think it's meant to be.

I don't think people understand that my photos, my journals, my blogs... they are just pieces of me. Windows into moments of time that create a life. They are not a whole life. They are pieces. And sue me if the sad stuff is more inspirational to me to write about, to photograph. But if you know me. If you're on my facebook. If you've talked to me. You'd know. I'm not a damn victim and refuse to ever be one. But even more so, I refuse to let these people turn my friends into fodder. I put myself out there KNOWING that people will hate on me. But my fellow bloggers who tried to reach out, did not ask for the drama.

So I thank those of you who contributed to the blog and I am sorry that you no longer want me to post your stories publicly, but I do hope you know you can still email them to me and I will reply.


PS, I apologize for a lot of typos and wrong words and such in my entries. I've been using my phone to post on here cuz it has internet. Just can't use a ton of data because my mom pays that bill and I don't want to go over the limit! But it's darn hard to type a journal entry out on a bloody phone ;p

No comments:

Post a Comment